Hopefully by now the shopping is done, the food is bought, and the wrapping completed in preparation for Christmas. If you are like me you are making one last trip to the store at the crack of dawn to pick up last minute items, stopping to buy groceries and Diet Coke, and preparing for the wrap fest that is to begin as soon as your foot steps through the door ending sometime before midnight. Hence the Diet Coke. I actually look forward to the wrap fest every year when I watch as many movies as possible and embrace my inner creativity with ribbon.
With so many last minute details to attend to it doesn’t leave much room for baking and it’s important that Santa not be overlooked. We certainly wouldn’t want to be stuck with coal in our stocking or hooves through our roof. So when I am in a pinch I love to make these peppermint cake mix cookies. It really doesn’t require any forethought and as long as you have a box of cake mix in your pantry, oil in your cupboard, and a couple eggs you are set!
For a festive spin on my traditional chocolate chip cake mix cookies I added peppermint, scooped them large, and dipped them in dark chocolate. Ho-Ho-Ho.
Giant Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 – 18oz white cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium bowl mix the cake mix, eggs, and oil together until it resembles cookie dough. Fold in the crushed peppermint candy.
- Use an ice cream scoop to form 12 large balls. Place on 2 baking sheets ensuring there is 2 inches between each one.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Then allow to cool.
- If desired, dip in melted chocolate and place on parchment paper to harden. Enjoy!
I’m still having an issue with my printable recipe format which I’m hoping to work on when I have some free time. So. Yeah. Soon.